Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Changes


When my daughter was born, I couldn't wait to share all of my family holiday traditions with her. I quickly realized that you can pass the traditions on, you can share the memories, but it will never be the same as when you were a kid because the people and places are different. You have to help your child make their own treasured memories that they can take with them into their own lives, and share with their children many years down the road.

One of the things I added was an egg hunt. I always wanted to do one as a child, but for what ever reason, we just didn't do that in our family. My husband's family did though, and I felt it was a nice blending of our families traditions. We live too far from my family to go to grandma's house, so we do a basket hunt at home. Sometimes we make the two hour drive to my husband's hometown where either his sister or mother will host a dinner and egg hunt.

It's not the reliable every-year-it's-the-same Easter I had as a child, but it's fun, and it's ours. I just hope we are making the kind of memories that my girls will carry fondly in their hearts and tell their kids about one day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in the Fun Tuesday Hop

    Sorry its taken me so long to leave a comment!

    I am a new follower

    ~ The professionally insane m

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback from my readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!