Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You Know You’re From Pennsylvania If…


You drive headlong into a blizzard at 75 mph without even blinking.

The same could probably be said for a few other famously snowy states.

In my last post I thought that the second leg of the trip was the long one, but I was mistaken. Friday’s trip should have only been five hours on the road. Notice the “should” in that sentence.

At this point we were about an hour behind the storm according to the toll booth attendant. Apparently I drove faster than Mother Nature or Old Man Winter, because it wasn't too much longer and we were in the thick of a good old fashioned late season lake effect blizzard.



I knew I was driving into a winter storm, but I wasn’t expecting the Ohio DOT to completely drop the ball on the whole snow removal thing. At one point the three lane interstate was down to just one barely passable lane (that didn’t stop the crazies from trying to drive in over a foot of very wet slushy snow in the right hand lane at more than 60 mph though.)


The remains of an accident that brought traffic to a near stand still at the I-80/I-90 split just West of Cleveland on Friday. I guess they didn't think they needed to slow down.


It took well over two hours to travel approx 40 miles. Had it not been for that storm, we would have been at our destination by 3 pm. We still made it by 5 pm, so it wasn’t a late night, but it would have been nice to have those extra hours back.

Since arriving here in PA, I’ve done two loads of diapers. The first load was on Saturday to make sure I’d have enough to get me through the weekend trip to my grandma’s house, and then I just washed again tonight (Tuesday) because I was just about out of clean fluff.

So far, this trip has gone much better than the trip I took with M when she was about the same age little W is now. I’ve learned to pack a lot less, and because I can wash my diapers and wipes when I need more, I don’t have to worry about packing enough diapers for the whole trip.

I’m looking forward to returning home. I have a package with four new AIO’s in it waiting for me, and I really want to check out these diapers, and see how well they work. Look for the review on here soon.

So, to sum it all up, even though we still have the two day trip back to our Iowa home, I think our first major trip while cloth diapering and exclusively breastfeeding is going really well.

Check back in a day or two to see if I’ve changed my mind yet.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback from my readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!