Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our Cloth Diaper Journey--The First Test


Hello Lovelies!



Well, I don’t know how many of you know this, but R and I have made the decision to do cloth diapers with our second daughter W. I had really wanted to do cloth with our first, but we just couldn’t manage to make the initial cost work with our budget. This time, tax season came at just the right time, and helped us take the plunge.


We have been in cloth for about three weeks now, maybe four, and so far so good. One of the last days in disposables resulted in not one but two outfit changes for little W because her diaper blew out all down her leg. I can honestly say that she has not had to change an outfit because of a blow out, and I have not had to soak any of her clothes to make sure they don’t stain, and trust me, her output amount has not changed.


Tomorrow will be the beginning of the first real test of my cloth diapering skills though. Tomorrow, M, W, and I will all be heading out to my Mum’s house in PA. That’s a 13 hour trip by car stretched out over two days. Just me, a six year old, and a 4 month old, in a car for two days. Lord help me.


Now, you may be asking yourself: Why is she doing a blog post at 1:40 AM when she has a huge road trip ahead of her? Good question. I would like to take this opportunity to suggest that you not get sick with massive infections in your ears, sinuses, eye and throat the week before you plan to leave town on a road trip. It really messes up your schedule. Add to that the fact that I have once again over extended myself with my PTA commitments and a fundraiser that while hugely successful, is also hugely time consuming, and that’s how I am still up at nearly 2 AM waiting on laundry.


*Sigh*


So.


Yeah.


So far, our cloth journey has been great. I’ve found some great diapers that I really like, and some that I don’t really care for (unfortunately, I bought two of those before I realized that I don’t really like them.)


I’m currently waiting on an order form Blissful Booty Cloth Diapers (you can go to their store here and find them on Facebook here.) I was hoping that they would arrive before we had to leave, but sadly they are not here yet (the package will probably arrive tomorrow afternoon.) I look forward to trying those out especially since they have some of my favorite features. Watch for a review in the next two weeks.


I’ll also be doing reviews of the diapers I’ve tried so far (good and bad, or maybe I should say ones I liked, and ones that weren’t what I needed or was looking for.)


I think I just heard the washer buzz, so I’ll end it here for now.


I’ll update tomorrow on how the first day on the road went.


Wish me luck. I’ll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback from my readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!